February is always the month I dread as it’s the time of the year I most associate with cold weather and the dreaded snow. I hate the white stuff. Whilst others are gleefully building snowmen and sledging down hills, you can find me hidden away in my nice warm house having a panic attack at the prospect of eventually having to leave and slipping over. Thankfully, there’s been none of that this month and the weather has been rather mild. Windy, for sure, but I can deal with that even if my hair isn’t best pleased.
So what I usually anticipate to be a bad month has actually been fairly decent. Nothing particularly exciting has happened but does anything exciting happen at this age really? I’m at that stage in life where I’m in a longterm relationship so no funny first dates to report on, we don’t have kids so I can’t fill you in on how hilarious it was when the little one peed in my face whilst nappy changing and I don’t have any sort of jet setting job where I mingle with celebs. My cat played fetch with me recently if that counts as exciting news. Like she brought the toy back to me and everything. It was pretty exciting if I’m honest.
Here’s some other top notch stuff that has got me smiling in February:
- Clubbercise. Move over Zumba, you are so 2012. I’ve been going to a local Clubbercise class and I really like it! It’s an aerobics class but with a twist. Glow Sticks! I’m not usually one for humiliating myself in public but the beauty of this is that the lights are off so no-one can see you making a complete twat of yourself as you sing along to Justin Bieber and do all the moves wrong.
- Loungewear. I have always been one of those girls who changes into pyjamas the second they get home. And I have no shame in that. But I recently decided to buy myself some proper loungewear so that I can make a distinction between chill out time and bed time. So I’ve been loving wearing tracksuits and hoodies around the house, keeping me all cosy. I’m not quite at the stage where I find this acceptable outdoor attire but give it time.
- Snickers. Who doesn’t love a Snicker’s bar? It’s got everything you could possibly want from a snack; chocolate, peanuts, caramel, nougat, tons of sugar and fat and all those things we should generally avoid. I love all chocolate but have times when I don’t really eat it at all, but then will become transfixed on a certain type for a short period of time. I remember a particularly vivid addiction to KitKat Chunky bars that actually lasted for a shameful few months. Let’s hope my Snickers fetish comes to a halt soon.
- Hot lunches. It’s been so cold in the office that I’ve been really enjoying taking something hot for lunch to keep me warm throughout the afternoon. Leftovers are always a great shout for lunch the next day.
- Diet Coke. It’s only been in the last few years that I’ve been drinking fizzy drinks, I never had them as a kid. Lately, though, I’m quite addicted and I hate myself for it. I know that these drinks are just a bunch of chemicals and they can’t be doing my insides any favours but I love having a can of Diet Coke as a sweet treat at work, or a cold glass with my dinner at the weekends. I still don’t have it everyday, but have it more than I probably should. I was going to give it up for lent but forgot on the first day so then it was all a bit pointless really.
- Sweet potatoes. Nothing new here really, I’ve always loved sweet potatoes but have been eating them lots this month, especially roasted and added to rice bowls.
If you missed any of my posts from the last month you can find them all below. You can also follow me on Instagram if you so desire @ taniaadrianne88
What I Ate in a Day #3 / Recipe: Superfood Salad / My Thoughts on Valentine’s Day / Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake / A Period Drama / What I Ate in a Day # 4 / Recipe: Almond and Sultana Granola / Cookbook Review: Deliciously Ella Every Day / Recipe: Fully Loaded Sweet Potato Fries / Recipe: Chicken Burgers / A Spring in my Step